Chris is an evangelical and contemplative Christian. She lives with her son and their pet menagerie in the mountains of Southern California. She has her Masters of Theology from Fuller Seminary and is pursuing her doctorate of ministry. Christine is a speaker, storyteller, singer and writer. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Believe
- We believe there is one God who lives forever in a Trinity relationship of three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the whole Bible, though written by people, is the Word of God to us. It is true and the final authority in all matters of belief and action.
- We believe in that Jesus Christ was both fully human and fully divine. We also believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death for us on the cross, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the Father in heaven, and His personal, physical return at the time of the Second Coming.
- We believe that people are created in the image of God but that they sin, which invariably leads to eternal separation from an utterly perfect and sinless God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins to save us from this eternal separation. His death atones for our sin and covers us with the grace of God. Our sins are forgiven and we we can freely enter His presence now and forever.
- We believe that a person becomes a Christian by believing in and trusting Jesus as the Savior, and accepting God’s forgiveness for sins.
We believe that there will be a physical resurrection of all those who believe in Christ, and they will live forever with God in the new heaven and the new earth.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit as the third Person of the Trinity is God and co-equal with the Father and Son. The Holy Spirit lives in everyone who has accepted Christ as their Savior.
- We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit as recorded in the Bible are active today and are given to believers to build and strengthen the Church — which is the Body of Christ and the visible Kingdom of Heaven.
- We believe in the priesthood of all believers and the unity of the Body of Christ throughout the world.